https://codepen.io/m12n/pen/XWNRZMg?editors=0010
mapboxgl.accessToken =
"pk.eyJ1IjoiaW50ZWxsaWdlbmNlZnVzaW9uIiwiYSI6ImNrM2l2cnk1NzBibGIzbm5yaHNycXltZmYifQ.tPEnnW5NAPmInCJDYVfJxA";
var map = new mapboxgl.Map({
container: "map",
style: "mapbox://styles/mapbox/dark-v10",
zoom: 8,
center: [-71.4935, 41.5852]
});
map.on("load", function () {
map.addSource("countries-no-simplification", {
type: "vector",
url: "mapbox://mapbox.country-boundaries-v1"
});
map.addLayer({
id: "countries-simplification-data",
type: "fill",
source: "countries-no-simplification",
"source-layer": "country_boundaries",
paint: {
"fill-color": "#ff69b4",
"fill-opacity": 0.3
}
});
});
The above code and pen shows usage of the MapBox county boundaries where I fill the layer with a colour and a low opacity.
Because the source has multiple world views I get both boundaries for disputed countries showing at the same time, and therefore get the effect shown (stronger colouring).
Eventually I actually want to apply a colour based on a specific datapoint, but for now I would be happy with being able to render only a single set of boundaries (a single world view?).
I cant seem to figure out how to get only one such set of boundaries from the source.