deploy laravel sail on digitalocean permissions error

Viewed 842

I installed laravel sail local (mac os) and it works perfect.

When I tried to deploy it in digitalocean, I've got an infinite permissions errors.

So, I created a new droplet with docker installed on it by digitalocean

(marketplace applications -> docker -> [Version 19.03.12, OS Ubuntu 20.04]),

and here is what I did

1 - in terminal ~ directory, I ran curl -s https://laravel.build/example-app | bash, it installed every thing as expected.

2 - I created an alias alias sail='./vendor/bin/sail'

3 - After it finished, I cd into "example-app" directory and run the command sail up -d and it works fine and all process and services are up and running.

4 - go to brawser and try to open the website by IP, I’ve got this error The stream or file "/var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: Failed to open stream: Permission denied

I tried to run sail composer update, I got this error file_put_contents(/var/www/html/vendor/composer/installed.json): Failed to open stream: Permission denied

The only way to make it work is running chmod -R 777 example-app I know this is not right, so I need help here to make it work the best and correct way

1 Answers
Related