I am creating responsive email templates, I use Thunderbird to send some tests.
In most email clients it works very well. However in Gmail the styles are not applied.
Checking the CSS support I found that gmail only supports <style> inside the <head> tag. MailChimp
<html>
<head>
<style>
.colored {
color: blue;
}
#body {
font-size: 14px;
}
@media screen and (min-width: 500px) {
.colored {
color:red;
}
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id='body'>
<p>Hi Pierce,</p>
<p class='colored'>
This text is blue if the window width is
below 500px and red otherwise.
</p>
<p>Jerry</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Knowing this, I implanted my styles inside the head, however, the styles were not applied in GMAIL.
After researching on various forums and breaking my head I couldn't find the solution, so I checked the obvious, it turns out that Thunderbird moves the <style> from <head> to <body>
When I send the template through Thunderbird and see the source of the mail, I get this:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.7.1
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
<div id="body">
<p>Hi Pierce,</p>
<p class="colored"> This text is blue if the window width is below
500px and red otherwise. </p>
<p>Jerry</p>
</div>
<style>
.colored {
color: blue;
}
#body {
font-size: 14px;
}
@media screen and (min-width: 500px) {
.colored {
color:red;
}
}
</style>
</body>
</html>
When I send the template through mailutils, the behavior is as expected and the styles work correctly in gmail

X-Mailer: mail (GNU Mailutils 3.7)
<html>
<head>
<style>
.colored {
color: blue;
}
#body {
font-size: 14px;
}
@media screen and (min-width: 500px) {
.colored {
color:red;
}
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id='body'>
<p>Hi Pierce,</p>
<p class='colored'>
This text is blue if the window width is
below 500px and red otherwise.
</p>
<p>Jerry</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>
View of gmail:

How to prevent thunderbird from moving the style to the body?
I am using Thunderbird 78.7.1, Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

