When I use .simultaneousGesture(TapGesture().onEnded{ //code to run }) on a NavigationLink in SwiftUI for iOS, the code runs fine and the link opens.
However, if the NavigationLink is in a List, the code runs but the link does not open.
Is there another way I can run some code after the List NavigationLink is tapped, but before the TextEditor appears?
Using .onAppear on the TextEditor, is not suitable because I need the code to run before the TextEditor appears - partly due to a bug with TextEditor's re-rendering and partly to keep things flowing in the right order.
Code to replicate the issue:
import SwiftUI
struct ContentView: View {
@State private var textString = ""
@State private var listMembers = ["Link A", "Link B", "Link C"]
var body: some View {
NavigationView {
VStack {
List(listMembers, id: \.self) { member in
NavigationLink(member, destination: TextEditor(text: $textString))
.simultaneousGesture(TapGesture().onEnded {
textString = "Link A, B, or C was tapped."
print(textString)
})
}
NavigationLink("Link D", destination: TextEditor(text: $textString))
.simultaneousGesture(TapGesture().onEnded {
textString = "Link D was tapped."
})
}
}
}
}
struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
static var previews: some View {
ContentView()
}
}
Thank You!