Are there any code examples out there that show how to use an Overlay independant of a Navigator widget?
In our app, we do not want the TitleBar/AppBar to be part of the main nav-stack, it should stay at the top of the window, and be fixed position.
The TitleBar needs acccess to an Overlay though, as it has various tool-tips and pop-up panels.
The only I know to do this is double-wrap Navigator, or MaterialApp, both of which smell bad. I would like to use Overlay directly, but lack any guidance on how to implement it.
Looking a the source of Overlay does not provide much help, and I'd prefer not to delve too deeply into MaterialApp's thousands of lines of src code.
[EDIT] Looking at the Navigator source a bit, it seems Overlay is directly coupled to PageRoutes, which is a real shame :'( It would be nice if there was a simple Overlay(child: ) we could just use.