I'm currently experimenting with the vulkan API and have trouble building my solution with VS 2019. The setup is as follows:
I have a multi-project solution with 2 projects: A static library called *Engine* and an application called *Game*.
External libs: vulkan, GLFW and GLM.
Dependencies are configured almost the same as described in [Vulkan Tutorial][1] with slight adjustments for the static lib, exact setup can be found at the end of this post on screenshots.
My problem is this:
When I build the Engine by itself, everything is fine and no errors occur.
If I build the whole solution and only #include "Engine.h" or "util.h" in "Game.cpp" (source file with main method in Game) then it works as well and if I execute it a window opens and the debug output is correct as well.
But if I #include "Configuration.h" in "Game.cpp" the error as stated in the title occurs.
The only difference I notice between the files is that "Engine.h" and "util.h" do not include any vulkan code but rather their source file counterparts "Engine.cpp" and "util.cpp" do, while "Configuration.h" contains #include "vulkan/vulkan.h".
Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how to fix it?
Code
Engine.h
#pragma once
namespace re
{
class REngine
{
public:
void init();
};
}
Engine.cpp
#include "Engine.h"
#define GLFW_INCLUDE_VULKAN
#include <GLFW/glfw3.h>
#define GLM_FORCE_RADIANS
#define GLM_FORCE_DEPTH_ZERO_TO_ONE
#include <glm/vec4.hpp>
#include <glm/mat4x4.hpp>
//std
#include <iostream>
namespace re {
void REngine::init()
{
#ifdef _DEBUG
std::cout << "Realms Engine begin initializing." << std::endl;
#endif // _DEBUG
glfwInit();
glfwWindowHint(GLFW_CLIENT_API, GLFW_NO_API);
GLFWwindow* window = glfwCreateWindow(800, 600, "Vulkan window", nullptr, nullptr);
uint32_t extensionCount = 0;
vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties(nullptr, &extensionCount, nullptr);
std::cout << extensionCount << " extensions supported\n";
glm::mat4 matrix;
glm::vec4 vec;
auto test = matrix * vec;
while (!glfwWindowShouldClose(window)) {
glfwPollEvents();
}
glfwDestroyWindow(window);
glfwTerminate();
}
}
Configuration.h
#pragma once
#include "vulkan/vulkan.h"
namespace re {
class RConfiguration
{
private:
VkApplicationInfo m_appInfo;
const int m_height;
const int m_width;
public:
RConfiguration(
const char* name,
int height, int width,
int major, int minor, int patch
);
const int get_width() { return m_width; }
const int get_height() { return m_height; }
VkApplicationInfo get_app_info() { return m_appInfo; }
};
}
Configuration.cpp
#include "Configuration.h"
namespace re {
RConfiguration::RConfiguration(const char* name, int height, int width, int major, int minor, int patch): m_height(height), m_width(width)
{
m_appInfo.sType = VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_APPLICATION_INFO;
m_appInfo.pApplicationName = name;
m_appInfo.applicationVersion = VK_MAKE_VERSION(major, minor, patch);
m_appInfo.pEngineName = "Realms Engine";
m_appInfo.engineVersion = VK_MAKE_VERSION(1, 0, 0);
m_appInfo.apiVersion = VK_API_VERSION_1_2;
}
}
Game.cpp
#include <iostream>
#include "Engine.h"
#include "util.h"
#include "Configuration.h"
int main()
{
std::cout << "Hello World!\n";
re::REngine engine;
auto version = re::util::make_version(1, 2, 1);
std::cout << version << std::endl;
engine.init();
}
re::RConfiguration make_config() {
return re::RConfiguration(
"Realms in the Sky",
600,
800,
1, 0, 0
);
}





