The following code snippet is from a Google tutorial, it simply prints the names of files on GCP in a given bucket:
from google.cloud import storage
def list_blobs(bucket_name):
"""Lists all the blobs in the bucket."""
# bucket_name = "your-bucket-name"
storage_client = storage.Client()
# Note: Client.list_blobs requires at least package version 1.17.0.
blobs = storage_client.list_blobs(bucket_name)
for blob in blobs:
print(blob.name)
list_blobs('sn_project_data')
No from the command line I can run:
$ python path/file.py
And in my terminal the files in said bucket are printed out. Great, it works! However, this isn't quite my goal. I'm looking to open a file and act upon it. For example:
df = pd.read_excel(filename)
print(df.iloc[0])
However, when I pass the path to the above, the error returned reads "invalid file path." So I'm sure there is some sort of GCP specific function call to actually access these files...
What command(s) should I run?
Edit: This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5vHa3fE1Q shows a trick to open files and needs to use StringIO in the process. But it doesn't support excel files, so it's not an effective solution.
