Add Snowflake ODBC connection in /etc/odbc.ini

Viewed 202

I'm attempting to set up an ODBC connection on an EC2 server on our companies network. Have been reading Snowflake documentation here.

Following the documentation, I used yum to download and install the driver by adding a file /etc/yum.repos.d/snowflake-odbc.repo and then populating it with:

[snowflake-odbc]
name=snowflake-odbc
baseurl=https://sfc-repo.snowflakecomputing.com/odbc/linux/2.22.1/
gpgkey=https://sfc-repo.snowflakecomputing.com/odbc/Snowkey-37C7086698CB005C-gpg

I then ran yum install snowflake-odbc

This appears to have added a connection to our existing /etc/odbc.ini file:

[snowflake]
Description=SnowflakeDB
Driver=SnowflakeDSIIDriver
Locale=en-US
SERVER=SF_ACCOUNT.snowflakecomputing.com
PORT=443
SSL=on
ACCOUNT=SF_ACCOUNT

Chancing my luck I tested this connection in it's current format but it doesn't work. Seems I need to locate some more info / name value pairs and I'm unsure where to get them:

Driver= wants a path to a .so file that I thought would have been installed with my steps outlined above. Not sure where to find this file or what path to use?

When I tested the connection the error I received said I was missing a UID.

The section of the documentation on dns entries has additional details of which settings can be added to odbc.ini, including an example

Driver      = /usr/jsmith/snowflake_odbc/lib/libSnowflake.so
Description =
server      = yz23456.us-east-1.snowflakecomputing.com
role        = analyst
database    = sales
warehouse   = analysis

Does anyone know where can I find out which settings I need to add to get the odbc connection to work?

0 Answers
Related