I have done this a million time and never had this problem and i don't know what i am doing wrong.
I have a simple input field and have a hook useState of amount and setAmount and I am using handleChange function to update this but the handleChange function is not triggering
const CustomAmount = () => {
const [amount, setAmount] = useState(1);
const handleChange = (e) => {
console.log(e); // This is not working either
setAmount(e.target.value);
};
return (
<div className="custom-amount-container">
<h4>Enter your desired amount</h4>
<input
type="number"
name="custom-amount"
data-test="custom-amount-input"
value={amount}
onChange={handleChange}
/>
</div>
);
};
I tried putting it inside the onChange prop directly but still no luck and also normally if onChange function doesn't work it doesn't change value but in this case value is being changed inside the input field
Also I am using this component inside sweetalert modal
const customAmountModal = () => {
return swal(<CustomAmount />);
};