Cannot set java.home in VS Code Maven project

Viewed 2348

I've looked everywhere. I've tried following

this guide: https://medium.com/@tariqul.islam.rony/learning-java-and-spring-boot-with-visual-studio-code-vscode-part-1-54073f2fa264

this post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52539414/i-cant-set-up-jdk-on-visual-studio-code/52541654#:~:text=In%20case%20you%20are%20on%20an%20older%20version%20of%20vscode,the%20path%20in%20%22%20%22%20).

And a host of other references that all say the same thing: Add "java.home" to your settings.json file, with the path to your jdk. And I have done just that.

java.home set in User settings.json

I have tried adding java.home to both the User level and Workspace level of the settings.json file. However, when I go to build my project with "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true", it is still pointing at a JRE, and subsequently fails.

JRE Failure Message

Also, I found references to this so-called "Configure Java Runtime" wizard (hardly a wizard, since I can't change anything), that detects my different JDKs. However, I can't seem to select anything, or change the priority of things under the "Detected JDKs" section.

Configure Java Runtime "wizard"

Yes, setting JAVA_HOME as an environment variable (Windows 10) to the appropriate path works. But I support many different projects that force me to swap between different JDK versions. It would nice to be able to store this information within the projects themselves, rather than having to remember when to swap the JAVA_HOME value manually every time.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1 Answers
Related