Google Cloud Platform - Final exception: b'[Errno 28] No space left on device') for download of

Viewed 1078

I'm trying to download a backup from Google Cloud Platform.

enter image description here

And I get this error:

enter image description here

When I try this get space info, I get this:

enter image description here

And I need download around 250GB data. What I have do?

1 Answers

As John Hanley commented:

CloudShell provides a 5 GB container. You cannot download 250 GB. Either use your desktop computer or launch a Compute Engine instance with at least a 250 GB disk.

You can clearly see the size of the /home directory - it's 4,8GB.

Have a look at the Cloud Shell documentation.

Make sure you have enough space at your machine's disk where you want to download your backup.

You can find more details about downloading Google Takeout backups in this stack question.

Go to G Suite Customer Takeout, click on "Access Archive" and find the bucket id. In my case, this ID has the form takeout-export-123456abcdef-123456abcedf

Now to list the contents of the bucket, and download it recursively with rsync:

# ./gsutil ls gs://takeout-export-123456abcdef-123456abcedf
# ./gsutil rsync -r takeout-export-123456abcdef-123456abcedf /tmp
Related