I have configured Google Analytics using GTM in my single-page application build in next.js. In order to check the pageviews I push a custom event to the data layer called "pageview" each time a user change to a new page.
In GTM I have created a trigger that looks for the "pageview" custom event and fires up the google-analytics tag.
Everything seems to be working properly but when I enter the debugview of google analytics and I change from one page to another 2 paweviews are recorded instead of one.
I have check GTM assistant and the tag is not firing twice, so I do not know where the problem might be.
This is messing my stats as I have twice more pageviews than in reality.
Here in the photos i upload you can see the tag. In the history and message no tags are getting fired
While this is what happens in google analytics (both page_views contain the exact same parameters (same page_refererr, page_location...):
Here is the implementation insine next.js. Basically I call the function GTMPageView() each time a route is change. GTMPageView() is the function that pushes "pageview" into the datalayer
I really appreciate any kind of help as I have been hours trying to solve the problem and I cant get to the end of it.


