My Hasura instance is configured to accept JWT tokens and use them for authorization. It has 40 tables.
I want a role of an 'all-access' flavor. This role can issue any query - no filtering, no denied operations. They will not be an admin.
How can I tell Hasura that this role should have access to every query? It seems that I need to to manually (or via script) grant access to every table.
The problems I see:
- Manually will take a long time and be error prone
- It will be difficult to confirm that permissions are complete and accurate (auditing)
- If we add a new table, it will default to inaccessible. This is not desired
- The script will be complicated. It will likely require schema introspection, aggregate handling, etc. It will be unclear when the script should be run
Not the same, but I would hope for something like this excerpt from firestore security rules:
// Allow read/write access on all documents to any user signed in to the application
service cloud.firestore {
match /databases/{database}/documents {
match /{document=**} {
allow read, write: if request.auth != null;
}
}
}