I need to extract data from elements with keys that start with foo. from the below array:
[
'name' => 'Bar',
'location' => 'Baz',
'foo.2021-02-01' => '50000.00',
'foo.2021-03-01' => '50000.00',
'foo.2021-04-01' => '50000.00',
'foo.2021-05-01' => '',
]
After identifying qualifying keys, I need to create a new indexed array of associative rows using the date substring from the original keys like so:
[
['date' => '2021-02-01', 'value' => '50000.00'],
['date' => '2021-03-01', 'value' => '50000.00'],
['date' => '2021-04-01', 'value' => '50000.00'],
['date' => '2021-05-01', 'value' => ''],
]
I've been able to extract the keys like so:
$keys = array_keys($theData[0]);
foreach ( $keys as $key ) {
if ( preg_match( '/foo.*/', $key ) ) {
$line = explode('.', $key);
$item[]['name'] = $line[1];
}
}
but I'm losing the values.
I then tried looping through the array manually and rebuilding the desired outcome, but the keys will change so I don't know how future-proof that would be.
Is there a wildcard approach I can take to achieve this?