I'm building an app that takes key information from a completed Google Sheet checklist and creates various documents from it when a button is clicked, mapping the data to several Google Documents. I'm now struggling to find the best way to deploy the app.
At the moment the script is just held within a Checklist spreadsheet (Container-bound), which means that the user is asked to grant permission when the documents need to be created. This would be fine if this only needed to operate in a single checklist spreadsheet, but there is a copy of the checklist file for every client we have, so the current setup would require permissions to be granted for every one.
I'm trying to get it so that the user only needs to grant permissions to the script once, or for the script to always be run using permissions granted by a specific "Bot" user.
Would this be best to deploy as a Sheets Add-On, a Web App, or just a Standalone script? If it was a Web App or Standalone script, how would the spreadsheet call the functions?