MassTransit with Quorum queues- Any issues?

Viewed 698

By default MT creates classic queue types in RabbitMQ and we are thinking to change to quorum queues( as these queue types are recommended instead of classic mirrored queues from RabbitMQ documentation) by setting x-queue-type to quorum in consumer receive endpoint configuration.

I just want to know of any issues that will come up because of this change? In MT consumer I am using “ScheduledRedelivery” using the RabbitMQ delayed plug-in so does this continue work without any issues after this change?

I just want to know, is there anything that we need to take care of with quorum queues with MT? What is your advise about changing to quorum queues?

Our set-up : RabbitMQ cluster with 3 nodes

Thanks JB

1 Answers

MassTransit works fine with quorum queues, just be aware of the difference.

I don't think message time-to-live is supported with quorum queues, so they shouldn't be used for request/response in interactive scenarios. Quorum queues are also higher latency than regular queues, which would increase the response time.

Related