Dynamically change the fields of reports in SSRS

Viewed 61

I have around 10 reports in SSRS and I want to make look and feel same for all the reports. In order to do so I have created a report and save as Template and all the reports have been created using that template.

But problem now is that I cannot set height,widths,font ect. simultaneously for all the reports . I am making changes in all reports one by once which is time consuming.

Now If I needed to change a header text or something, I could just alter the master report and that change would propagate to all inherited reports.

Is this possible using Reporting Services, visual studio 2019.

1 Answers

As far as I know that is not possible.

As a workaround:

Since rdl is xml files, you could open multiple reports with an editor(eg. notepad++), find the part you want to change in the xml code and use replace all functionallity.

Related