Am I expected to write this mock file manually?
There's no "best" way to write this file. It is what it is and does what it does.
I need to mock a sequence of queries and results, and it's expect to be updated so I don't want to fix it constantly.
As mentioned throughout the documentation of these mocking features, you should be very careful if you really want to implement such a mock database (i.e. an entire database product), or if you don't better proceed with integration testing your actual database, e.g. using testcontainers. From how I read your question, you're at the point where you should switch.
I'm working on a recording connection since I couldn't find any, It's not complex but It just doesn't make sense to me that Jooq libraries don't provide it.
A recording connection sounds interesting indeed, but it would depend on so many things, including the exact sequence of operations in your client application that lead to this exact sequence of queries. Besides, when recording, there might be two consecutive executions of an identical query text that results in different result sets. After all, recording would happen against a real database product. Whereas this MockFileDatabase is nowhere near a simulation of a real database product.
It's a simple tool for simple mocks. What you're looking for is actual integration testing.
To answer your question:
If you need to use this mock API, then you need to write your file manually.