I'm having troubles with one-to-many associations in GORM. I have those two structures and I'd like to get one patient's full history. Here is my sample code:
type Patient struct {
gorm.Model
Prenom string `json:"prenom" gorm:"column:patient_prenom"`
Nom string `json:"nom" gorm:"column:patient_nom"`
Genre string `json:"genre" gorm:"column:patient_genre"`
Naissance string `json:"naissance" gorm:"column:patient_naissance"`
Historique []Historique `gorm:"ForeignKey:Fk_patient_id"`
}
type Historique struct {
Fk_patient_id string
Date_consultation string
Fk_maladie_id uint
Fk_compte_medecin_id uint
Patient Patient
}
func GetPatientWithDiseases(id uint) (*Patient, error) {
patient := &Patient{}
//The line right there works so i can retrieve without the history
//err := GetDB().Find(patient, id).Error
db := GetDB().Preload("tt_historique").Find(patient)
err := db.Error
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
return patient, nil
}
Where "Historique" uses the foreign key of the patient (Fk_patient_id), and the Historique []Historique is the list of every Historique that should end up in the Patient struct after the query.
However I get this error can't preload field tt_historique for models.Patient. I've tried multiple syntaxes that I've found on Internet in the gorm specifications in the struct but nothing worked. I've only been developing using GO for 3 days and GORM is my first ORM, so maybe I'm missing something really obvious.