I have a table A that has the below values
+----+----------+-----------------------+
| ID | Date | Name |
+----+----------+-----------------------+
| 1 | 1/4/2019 | Kara,Sara,John |
| 2 | 3/2/2018 | Sara |
| 3 | 4/3/2019 | Lynn,John,Chris,Agnes |
| 4 | 2/1/2020 | Phillip, Anton |
| 5 | 5/1/2020 | Quinn |
| 6 | 7/6/2020 | Idie,John |
+----+----------+-----------------------+
And a table B that has the below values
+-------+
| Name |
+-------+
| John |
| Sara |
| Chris |
+-------+
I would like the output to be as below:
+----+----------+-----------------------+--------+-----------------+
| ID | Date | Name | B.Name | Exists in List? |
+----+----------+-----------------------+--------+-----------------+
| 1 | 1/4/2019 | Kara,Sara,John | Sara | Yes |
| 1 | 1/4/2019 | Kara, Sara, John | John | Yes |
| 2 | 3/2/2018 | Sara | Sara | Yes |
| 3 | 4/3/2019 | Lynn,John,Chris,Agnes | John | Yes |
| 3 | 4/3/2019 | Lynn,John,Chris,Agens | Chris | Yes |
| 4 | 2/1/2020 | Phillip, Anton | | No |
| 5 | 5/1/2020 | Quinn | | No |
| 6 | 7/6/2020 | Idie,John | John | Yes |
+----+----------+-----------------------+--------+-----------------+
I tried using CONTAINS but looks like teradata sql does not accept it. Tried CSVLD to convert text to column.However since there is no fixed number of commas that the string can accept, I cannot use CSVLD function if I do not know precisely how many columns I need to re-create from the text beforehand. Wondering if there is any alternative to join a column against a string of values? Appreciate your kind input.