Github Desktop always shows 'No content changes found'

Viewed 1514

Environment

  • Operating system: Windows
  • git version: 2.29.2
  • Github Desktop version: 2.6.3

Description

I am working on my repository using vscode, and I can see the diff of my changes on vscode. After committing my changes, when I go to Github Desktop, I can see all my previous commits but whenever I click on one of them, I see No content changes found. This problem appeared only a few days ago, so I guess this is a bug in Github Desktop.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

1 Answers

Silly questions out the way - you are on the right branch? There actually were files changed? You have re-added the repositories to GitHub desktop again - maybe a git history / cache issue?

With no content changes found it sounds like you are comparing a branch that has no changes to itself? I.e. there is no difference. Could be worth raising it on github support if there were expected changes and you are seeing none - but sounds like a git history issue to me.

Related