I'm trying to wrap my head around how to wire up a simple button in BigCommerce Stencil. I've been using this platform for about 24 hours now, so any help you can give is MUCH appreciated!! I haven't used Handlebars.js or jQuery in a few years so I'm pretty rusty.
I'm using the Cornerstone Theme.
What I'm looking to do is:
- Click a button
- Array of objects sent to my JS function
- JS Function adds all the items in the array to the cart.
I feel like this shouldn't be that hard, but where I am getting stuck is.
- Getting data that is available in the HTML to be available to my function.
handleButtons() {
$('#add-all-to-cart').on('click', (event) => this.addAllItemsToCart(event));
$('#remove-all-from-cart').on('click', (event) => this.removeAllFromCart(event));
}
//I want to supply {{category.products}} from the HTML
addAllItemsToCart(e) {
console.log('Adding all items to cart');
}
removeAllFromCart(e) {
console.log('Removing all items from cart');
}
And on the HTML side, I have
//This seems to be the way other buttons were made in the Theme
<input id='add-all-to-cart'
data-wait-message="{{lang 'products.adding_to_cart'}}"
class="button button--small"
type="submit"
value="{{lang 'products.add_all_to_cart'}}" />
<input
id="remove-all-from-cart"
data-wait-message="{{lang 'products.adding_to_cart'}}"
class="button button--small"
type="submit"
value="{{lang 'products.remove_all_from_cart'}}" />