Hi everyone and thank you for taking the time to help me.
I have the following query:
SELECT owner, object_name
FROM all_objects
WHERE owner IN ('EDI')
ORDER BY object_type, object_name;

As you can see in the screenshot it returns some values.
When I call the query from inside a program, it is not returning any values (see second screenshot).

Test code to illustrate this is:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_test
AS
BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Pre-Loop');
FOR indx IN (SELECT owner, object_name
FROM all_objects
WHERE owner IN ('EDI')
ORDER BY object_type, object_name)
LOOP
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Object: ' || indx.owner || '.' || indx.object_name);
END LOOP;
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Post-Loop');
END;
/
BEGIN
my_test();
END;
/
The EDI schema is brand new, so I suspect this is a grants/privileges issue, but I can't seem to find what I may be missing in order for this to work. I have tried running this as both the EDI user and SYS.
EDIT after getting an answer:
I mentioned in a comment about finding an alternative to the official answer to this question and wanted to make sure it was shared for anyone reading this later so they can weigh the decision the same.
Applying grants like EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE or SELECT ANY TABLE to the user that is expected to run the code will work, but I am sure there are reasons not to give such wide open grants.