I've been using this script to get the prices from some cryptocurrencies using Binance API and this script: https://steemit.com/python/@marketstack/how-to-download-historical-price-data-from-binance-with-python
The problem is that with this script I cannot control the date range: for example, I want to choose the period range between Dec. 2015 and Dec. 2020, or I want the DAILY PRICES from the first day trading for any crypto ...etc.
So I share with you the code I'm using (copied from the steemit code and modified a little bit) How can I do it?
# https://steemit.com/python/@marketstack/how-to-download-historical-price-data-from-binance-with-python###
import requests
import json
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import datetime as dt
frequency = input("Please enter the frequency (1m/5m/30m/.../1h/6h/1d/ : ")
def get_bars(symbol, interval=frequency):
root_url = 'https://api.binance.com/api/v1/klines'
url = root_url + '?symbol=' + symbol + '&interval=' + interval
data = json.loads(requests.get(url).text)
df = pd.DataFrame(data)
df.columns = ['open_time',
'o', 'h', 'l', 'c', 'v',
'close_time', 'qav', 'num_trades',
'taker_base_vol', 'taker_quote_vol', 'ignore']
df.index = [dt.datetime.fromtimestamp(x / 1000.0) for x in df.close_time]
return df
btcusdt = get_bars('BTCUSDT')
ethusdt = get_bars('ETHUSDT')
df0=pd.DataFrame(btcusdt)
df0.to_csv('_btcusdt.csv')
df1=pd.DataFrame(ethusdt)
df1.to_csv('_ethusdt.csv')
Can anyone help me to optimize it?