rnaturalearthhires package installation error

Viewed 3300

I am trying to install the rnaturalearthhires package but I am getting many errors.

Here is the first error:

Installing the rnaturalearthhires package.
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/kkost/OneDrive/Dokumenti/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

Error in value[3L] : Failed to install the rnaturalearthhires package. Please try installing the package for yourself using the following command: install.packages("rnaturalearthhires", repos = http://packages.ropensci.org", type = "source")

Then I try the following code:

install.packages("rnaturalearthhires", repos = "http://packages.ropensci.org", type = "source")

And I get this:

WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:
https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/kkost/OneDrive/Dokumenti/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
**Error in install.packages : error reading from connection**

Then I try this code:

devtools::install_github("ropensci/rnaturalearthhires")

but end up getting this:

Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) : namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.8 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.10 is required

I also try this code:

install_github("ropensci/rnaturalearthhires")

But I get this:

Error in install_github("ropensci/rnaturalearthhires") : could not find function "install_github"

2 Answers

devtools can take a looong time to compile and install for some users. installation directly from github can now be done with the remotes package.

remotes::install_github("ropensci/rnaturalearthhires")

Related