How can I create api end point in Next.js with query string

Viewed 6233

I need to create the following api end point using Next.js:

/api/products/[name]?keyword=${anykeyword}.

I know I need to create it inside pages/api/products/[name] directory in index.js. But how can I access keyword.

req.query only contains name.

following is my code:

    import { connectToDatabase } from "../../../../util/mongodb";
    import validate from "../../../../validation/product";
    //capitalize first letter only to avoid errors
    import capitalize from "lodash.capitalize";

    export default async function productsHandler(req, res) {
    const {
      query: { name, keyword }, // here i cannot access keyword//
      method,
    } = req,
    Name = capitalize(name),
    { db } = await connectToDatabase(),
    searchCriteria = keyword ? keyword : "price";

  switch (method) {
    case "GET":
      // @route GET api/products/[name]
      // @desc get products of [name] from data base
      // @access public
      {
        const products = await db
          .collection("products")
          .find({ category: Name })
          .sort({ [searchCriteria]: 1 })
          .toArray();

        if (!products.length)
          return res.status(404).json({ error: "no such category" });

        res.status(200).json(products);
      }

      break;
1 Answers

It probably has to do with how the request is being sent to the server side from the client. You probably need to revise that. I just tried out the example using Postman, and it correctly parsed the parameters:

import { NextApiRequest, NextApiResponse } from "next";

export default async (request: NextApiRequest, response: NextApiResponse) => {
  const {
    query: { name, keyword },
    method,
  } = request;
  console.log(name, keyword, method);

  // do nothing fancy and simply return a string concatenation
  return response.status(200).json({ query: name + " " + keyword });
};

Postman:

enter image description here

Related