I am making a quick throw-together website that requires users to be able to interact with a button to execute a delete action.
I have my button (code is shown below) where I have a basic bootstrap button paired with an icon (provided by their library) in which the user clicks to delete an "Infraction"
<button
referencedInfraction="<%= i.infractionID %>"
targetUserID="<%= i.userID %>"
class="deleteButton btn btn-danger"
>
<i class="bi bi-trash-fill"></i>
</button>
The infraction that the user wants to delete is passed through an attribute to the code below.
$(".deleteButton").click((event) => {
$("#confirmDeleteSingleInfractionModal").modal("toggle");
let data = {
infractionID: $(event.target).attr("referencedInfraction"),
targetUserID: $(event.target).attr("targetUserID"),
};
console.log(data);
$("#confirmDeleteSingleInfractionModal").on("hide.bs.modal", function () {
console.log("deleting");
$.ajax({
type: "delete",
url: `${window.location.origin}/dataLink/infraction`,
data,
success: () => {
console.log("done");
},
error: () => {
showInfractionDeleteError();
},
});
});
});
However, I've run into a bit of an issue. I notice that the only way for the user to actually click the button is if they click around the edges where the <I> element is not present.
Is there any way to prevent this from showing in event.target()?
All I want is the custom attribute from the button clicked, not the image.
Any help would be appreciated.