I'm building a package that imports {sf}, and more specifically I use st_length() in one of my functions.
I initially added only {sf} to my package "Imports", but when I checked it I got a few {lwgeom} related errors:
Running examples in 'gtfstools-Ex.R' failed
The error most likely occurred in:
> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: get_trip_speed
> ### Title: Get trip speed
> ### Aliases: get_trip_speed
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> data_path <- system.file("extdata/spo_gtfs.zip", package = "gtfstools")
>
> gtfs <- read_gtfs(data_path)
>
> trip_speed <- get_trip_speed(gtfs)
Error in sf::st_length(trips_geometries) :
package lwgeom required, please install it first
This error happens when the examples are running, but some similar errors happen with the tests.
Then I added {lwgeom} to Imports. The check runs fine, but in the end I get a note: NOTE: Namespaces in Imports field not imported from: 'lwgeom'
What's the best practice when dealing with cases like this? Should I just keep track of this note and send it as a comment to CRAN during the package submission process?