installing and removing odbc R package on Windows 10

Viewed 1373

I am trying to install odbc R package.

install.packages('odbc')

generates:

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.0/odbc_1.3.0.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 1319460 bytes (1.3 MB)
downloaded 1.3 MB

package ‘odbc’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning in install.packages :
  cannot delete reparse point 'C:\Users\some_user\OneDrive - some_place\Documents\R\R-4.0.2\library/odbc/R', reason 'There is a mismatch between the tag specified in the request and the tag present in the reparse point'
Warning in install.packages :
  cannot remove prior installation of package ‘odbc’
Warning in install.packages :
  cannot delete reparse point 'C:\Users\some_user\OneDrive - some_place\Documents\R\R-4.0.2\library/odbc/R', reason 'There is a mismatch between the tag specified in the request and the tag present in the reparse point'
Warning in install.packages :
  restored ‘odbc’

The downloaded binary packages are in
    C:\Users\some_user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpkxsb1x\downloaded_packages

I tried to search some bits from the above message, but with little luck.

I also tried

remove.packages('odbc')

but got back:

Removing package from ‘C:/Users/some_user/OneDrive - some_place/Documents/R/R-4.0.2/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Error in remove.packages : there is no package called ‘odbc’

Here is my R version

> version
               _                           
platform       x86_64-w64-mingw32          
arch           x86_64                      
os             mingw32                     
system         x86_64, mingw32             
status                                     
major          4                           
minor          0.2                         
year           2020                        
month          06                          
day            22                          
svn rev        78730                       
language       R                           
version.string R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
nickname       Taking Off Again 

I am on Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

0 Answers
Related