"[Errno 38] Function not implemented:" occurred when installing Tensorflow Object Detection API on Azure Machine Learning

Viewed 935

I tried to install Object Detection API with Tensorflow 2 on Azure Machine Learning with the following commands described in the API Document:

git clone https://github.com/tensorflow/models.git

docker build -f research/object_detection/dockerfiles/tf2/Dockerfile -t od .
docker run -it od

cd models/research
protoc object_detection/protos/*.proto --python_out=.
cp object_detection/packages/tf2/setup.py .
python -m pip install --use-feature=2020-resolver .

But I got the following error when I execute the last code of the above(python -m pip install ...). The error is too long and each row of the error says [Errno 38] Function not implemented:. The tail of the error is like below:

....(omitted)...
('/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research/vid2depth/WORKSPACE',
'/tmp/pip-req-build-uxkxrn35/vid2depth/WORKSPACE',
"[Errno 38] Function not implemented: '/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research/vid2depth/WORKSPACE'"),
('/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research/vid2depth',
'/tmp/pip-req-build-uxkxrn35/vid2depth',
"[Errno 38] Function not implemented: '/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research/vid2depth'"),
('/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research',
'/tmp/pip-req-build-uxkxrn35',
"[Errno 38] Function not implemented: '/mnt/batch/tasks/shared/LS_root/mounts/clusters/(some_path)/models/research'")]

I have confirmed that the installation of the same commands on my local PC was successful. Do I need to do anything differently if I want to install it on Azure Machine Learning?

1 Answers

I tried the same steps from home folder (/home/azureuser), it works to me. Can you try switch to home folder and run those steps, to see if it works?

Related