What is exact time in Neo4j execution time?

Viewed 140

I am using Neo4j query log analyzer on Neo4j desktop to investigate my performance issue. In the image, the total for 2nd query is 153281 ms (~ 2.5 mins); but the time for planning, cpu and waiting is very small, just 1433ms in total.

Click here to view image

So where is the rest? I think that "total time = planning + cpu + waiting " but it seems I am wrong.

Thank you in advance

Harvey Nguyen

1 Answers

You may want to check your debug logs around the time of the query's execution. Look for stop-the-world pauses.

The query execution time is a wall clock time that will include any VM pauses that happened between query start and query stop. If you see this, then depending on whether you see positive GC counts or not in the pause readout, it could indicate that there are some unoptimized queries triggering garbage collections that cause VM pauses, and you may need to do some query tuning to optimize them.

Related