Need help finding SSH Token for Immersive Labs Going Places

Viewed 661

I am trying to complete the Immersive Labs Going Places Lab. Using SCP I need to copy a file from a server to the host. I have no problem copying the file and opening it on the host machine. The question is "Copy the file ‘ssh_key’ from ‘alice’ back to localhost. What is the token you receive?" I have no idea what they are talking about when they say token. I have tried copying the contents of the file I copied but it isn't the write answer. I bet it is something incredibly simple that I am just missing.

I am using the command scp alice@serverip:ssh_key targetfile.txt

As I said, I can copy the file no problem, but IDK what a token is!

2 Answers

As mentioned here, "token" can be used to reference the public key.

Since you have copied a private key, you can extract its public key with:

ssh-keygen -y -f targetfile.txt > ssh_key.pub

The below worked for me:

scp alice@serverip:ssh_key ssh_key

Related