I installed NodeJS (via Linux terminal) but it doesn't seem to come bundled with NPM:
:~$ sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
:~$ node -v
:~$ v10.23.1
:~$ npm -v
:~$ -bash: npm: command not found
I have an Acer Chromebook R 13 with an ARM processor.
I installed NodeJS (via Linux terminal) but it doesn't seem to come bundled with NPM:
:~$ sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
:~$ node -v
:~$ v10.23.1
:~$ npm -v
:~$ -bash: npm: command not found
I have an Acer Chromebook R 13 with an ARM processor.
Installing NodeJs
sudo apt-get install curl gnupg -y
curl -sl https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_13.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
In my case I didn't have the install script for npm, so got it externally
curl -L https://npmjs.org/install.sh | sudo sh
Due to trying to answer in comments i will attempt to give a complete answer here.
You need to first aquire the correct package for your architecture. As you have noted you are using the Acer Chromebook R13. This uses the MediaTek MT8173C processsor which utilizes ARMv8 instruction set.
following these commands should get you up and running.
#first, download the proper package for your architecture
mkdir myNodeJS
cd myNodeJS
wget https://nodejs.org/dist/v14.15.5/node-v14.15.5-linux-arm64.tar.xz
tar -xf node-v14.15.5-linux-arm64.tar.xz
cd node-v14.15.5-linux-arm64
cd bin
sudo cp node /usr/local/bin
cd ..
cd /lib/node_modules/npm/scripts
./install.sh
That should be it, if you have problems, you can resort to the first link that i sent for install instructions
nvm is recommended on the npmjs.com install page, and nvm has installation instructions of using an install script.
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.39.1/install.sh | bashnvm install nodenpm is now ready.