Pull request showing changed files that are not actually changed

Viewed 464

I am tasked to do code reviews on PR from multiple devs.

I face an issue where:

  1. Developer "One" Remove one line and make a PR
  1. Developer "Two" Remove the same line and make a PR
  2. Developer "Two" s PR got merged into master before Developer "One"
  3. In Developer "One" PR, the Changed file on Github is still listed.

I reproduced this issue in a minimal repo https://github.com/tolotrasam/git-merge-diff-test/pull/1/files and as you can see on this link, it says they are comparing master branch with dev-one's branch and it shows that there is a change done. However, in reality the two branch are exactly the same.

enter image description here This confuses me as code reviewer as I just want to focus on the actual changes. What should I tell developer to do with his branch to hide all changes that has been already done by other developers ?

0 Answers
Related