Excel Formula To Check If Values Are Present Otherwise Display Nothing - Also using conditional formatting

Viewed 26

I am trying to use a formula that checks to see if there is a date in cells E9, F9, or G9, and if so, I want it to display the word "Open" without the parenthesis, in cell J9. Otherwise, if there is nothing in any of those 3 cells, I want J9 to display nothing at all.

The other half of the formula needs to check the same cells, and if there is a date in all 3, I want J9 to display "Done", without the parenthesis. So far, I have:

=IF(ISBLANK(E9:G9),"",IF(OR(ISBLANK(F9), ISBLANK(G9)),"Open","Done"))

This works, BUT, it also outputs the word "Done" in cells K9 and L9. I don't need these. How can I output ONLY to J9?

Here's a visual:

enter image description here

2 Answers

There must be the same / similar formula in cells K9 and L9. Just delete them.

I found a way!!

=IF(COUNT(E9:G9)=0,"",IF(OR(ISBLANK(E9), ISBLANK(F9), ISBLANK(G9)),"Open","Done"))

Can anyone else provide an easier way?

Related