Jupyter lab prompts for token; how do I find it?

Viewed 3223

I have Anaconda and just started Jupyter lab. I am prompted to enter my token or password, but I don't know what my token is. Do I have a token? If so, can I find it? If so, how?

Here is the output I got:

[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.875 ServerApp] jupyterlab | extension was successfully linked.
[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.881 NotebookApp] 'browser' has moved from NotebookApp to ServerApp. This config will be passed to ServerApp. Be sure to update your config before our next release.
[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.881 NotebookApp] 'notebook_dir' has moved from NotebookApp to ServerApp. This config will be passed to ServerApp. Be sure to update your config before our next release.
[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.881 NotebookApp] 'password' has moved from NotebookApp to ServerApp. This config will be passed to ServerApp. Be sure to update your config before our next release.
[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.887 ServerApp] notebook_dir is deprecated, use root_dir
[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.896 ServerApp] The 'min_open_files_limit' trait of a ServerApp instance expected an int, not the NoneType None.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.937 ServerApp] The port 8888 is already in use, trying another port.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.938 ServerApp] The port 8889 is already in use, trying another port.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.939 ServerApp] The port 8890 is already in use, trying another port.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.939 ServerApp] The port 8891 is already in use, trying another port.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.962 LabApp] JupyterLab extension loaded from C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyterlab
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.962 LabApp] JupyterLab application directory is C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\share\jupyter\lab
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:55.965 ServerApp] jupyterlab | extension was successfully loaded.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.457 ServerApp] nbclassic | extension was successfully loaded.
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.457 ServerApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: //...My Documents/Notebooks
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.457 ServerApp] Jupyter Server 1.3.0 is running at:
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.458 ServerApp] http://localhost:8892/lab
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.458 ServerApp]  or http://127.0.0.1:8892/lab
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:56.458 ServerApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
[I 2021-02-18 00:38:58.987 LabApp] 302 GET /lab (127.0.0.1) 1.00ms
1 Answers

You can find ~/.jupyter directory, this should be your home directory. This looks like you already configured your password (which replaces the token), so the output does not contain the token:

[W 2021-02-18 00:38:55.881 NotebookApp] 'password' has moved from NotebookApp to ServerApp. This config will be passed to ServerApp. Be sure to update your config before our next release.

Read more in notebook token documentation and remember to follow the migration guide. Use jupyter notebook password command to change the password.

Related