Data Studio (Golang RE2): how to capitalize first letter of each word in string

Viewed 1064

I am connecting directly to a data source (Google Analytics) in Data Studio. I am using the field "Page Title" which is a text field.

I wish to add a calculated field which capitalizes the first letter of each word in the string of the field "Page Title".

Example:

Current state Desired output
What to expect from the authorities in 2021 What To Expect From The Authorities In 2021
Sustainability – An emerging theme Sustainability – An Emerging Theme
Helping UK businesses make confident decisions Helping UK Businesses Make Confident Decisions

The first part is easy. I can find the first letter of each word that starts with a lowercase by using

(\b[a-z])

In old PHP I could use the token \u to replace with capital letters

\u$1

BUT when I use this in Google Data Studio like this:

REGEXP_REPLACE(Page Title,"(\b[a-z])","\u$1")

I get an error

Syntax error: Illegal escape sequence: \u must be followed by 4 hex digits but saw: \u).

From what I have researched, it seems that "\u" is not supported in RE2. But I have searched for 4.5hours and I can not find what to use to replace my match with capital letters.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answers

\U...\E is not supported by Data Studio's flavour of regex, according to the documentation.

Related