I've been tasked with creating a deployable version of a ColdFusion web app to be installed on a clients server. I'm trying to find a way to give them a compiled version of our code, and my first inclination was to use the CFCompile utility that I found here. However, after running CFCompile, most of the code in the CFM files is still readable. The only thing that appears to be obfuscated at all is the actual ColdFusion code - all of the SQL Queries are still perfectly readable. (Example in the screenshot below)
The HTML and JavaScript are also still readable in the compiled code, but that doesn't matter as those can be seen in a web browser anyways.
Is there another way to distribute my source code in a format that is completely unreadable to the user? I'm guessing that for whatever method I choose, there will be some way of decompiling the code. That's not an issue, I just need to find a way to make it more difficult than opening the file and seeing the queries.
