I have encountered a weird issue in the newest react native where the value in the text input in a component remains when a tab is switched.
I can't figure what is going on and I thought it should re-render when tab is changed but it doesn't.
Here's my code app.js
export default function App() {
const [tab, setTab] = useState("TAB1")
return (
<View style={styles.container}>
<View style={{ flexDirection: 'row' }}>
<TouchableOpacity
style={{ borderRadius: 5, borderWidth: 1, marginRight: 5, padding: 20 }}
onPress={() => setTab("TAB1")}
>
<Text>Tab 1</Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
<TouchableOpacity
style={{ borderRadius: 5, borderWidth: 1, padding: 20}}
onPress={() => setTab("TAB2")}
>
<Text>Tab 2</Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
</View>
<View style={{ marginTop: 20}}>
{
tab === "TAB1" ? (
<View>
<InputComponent tab={tab} />
</View>
) : (
<View>
<InputComponent tab={tab} />
</View>
)
}
</View>
</View>
);
}
const styles = StyleSheet.create({
container: {
flex: 1,
backgroundColor: '#fff',
marginTop: 100,
padding: 10
},
});
inputcomponent.js
export function InputComponent({ tab }) {
const [value, setValue] = useState("");
return (
<View>
<Text>{tab}</Text>
<TextInput placeholder="INPUT HERE" value={value} onChangeText={setValue}/>
</View>
)
}
It seems like the input component re-renders but the text input within it doesn't change.