VMWARE ERROR : Transport (VMDB) error -14: Pipe connection has been broken

Viewed 8133

I updated my windows 10 and I can't run my Virtual machine, I got this error :

Transport (VMDB) error -14: Pipe connection has been broken.

I tried what is proposed by VMWare without result :/ https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146361

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

1 Answers

Finally, I fixed it!

What work for me was to disable the Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Search for "Turn Windows Features on or off", next, a window will pop up.

Scroll down until you find:

  • Windows Subsystem for Linux - Uncheck

Also make sure that:

  • Hyper-V
  • Virtual Machine Platform
  • Windows Hipervisor Platform

: Are unckecked/Disabled

It takes some time to configure, after that reboot the system, and it should run again!


Update

This is a more reliable solution:

Download "Device Guard and Credential Guard hardware readiness tool" from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53337

  • Execute .\DG_Readiness.ps1 -Capable in PowerShell to install the driver if needed
  • Reboot
  • Execute .\DG_Readiness.ps1 -Disable
  • Reboot
  • On boot follow the instructions do disable DG/CG

DONE!

Good luck!

Related