Ansible AWX: Unable to choose a playbook when tried creating AWX Job template

Viewed 1553

I'm tried creating a job template in AWX web interface. the list of playbooks is not displayed on the interface although the project has been downloaded to git and is visible in the directory ~/var/lib/awx/projects. my environment:

  • centOS 8
  • AWX 17.0.1
  • Ansible 2.9.17
  • docker-compose 1.28.2

enter image description here

3 Answers

The yml file must not be empty and must have right syntax. After that , always sync project and then check

I had this same challenge when creating a new Job Template on Ansible AWX setup on Ubuntu 20.04.

I created some playbooks in a repository that was added to a project. I then created a Job Template and selected the Project, but none of the playbooks were added to the project.

My playbook looked this way:

- name: Check if SSHD is running
  command: systemctl status ssh
  ignore_errors: yes

Here's how I fixed it:

I simply added hosts to the playbook and it showed up on the Job template for me to select. So my playbook was modified to look this way:

- name: Check if SSHD is running
  hosts: all
  command: systemctl status ssh
  ignore_errors: yes

Note: The value for hosts could be something else. For me, it was all.

Resources: Playbooks aren’t showing up in the “Job Template” drop-down

That's all.

I hope that helps

I had the same problem. Once I made sure my git repo was up-to-date, I manually typed in the playbook name in the awx template creation screen, and my playbook was selected.

Related