We're developing a website with AWS Amplify that uses Cognito to handle the authentication. I've configured the user pool in Cognito to use Keycloak as the OIDC IDP. The basics of logging in and out are all working as desired.
I now want to get more information back from Keycloak into the Amplify app. If I use https://openidconnect.net/ as a test point for authenticating to Keycloak as if it was Cognito, I can decode the JWT in https://jwt.io and see the additional information I'm after.
In Cognito, in General Settings > Attributes, I've added a custom attribute "groups":
In General settings > App clients, I've marked that attribute as readable:
Under Federation > Attribute mapping, I've mapped the OIDC attribute to the User pool attribute:
but, when I authenticate in the web application and dump the payloads for the ID and access tokens, I cannot see the "custom:groups" attribute.
What am I missing or misunderstanding here?
Thanks.


