RandomSearchCV is too slow when working on pipe

Viewed 296

I'm testing the method of running feature selection with hyper parameters.

I'm running feature selection algorithm SequentialFeatureSelection with hyper parameters algorithm RandomizedSearchCV with xgboost model

I run the following code:

from xgboost import XGBClassifier
from mlxtend.feature_selection import SequentialFeatureSelector
from sklearn.pipeline import Pipeline
from sklearn.model_selection import RandomizedSearchCV
import pandas as pd

def main():

    df = pd.read_csv("input.csv")
    x = df[['f1','f2','f3', 'f4', 'f5', 'f6','f7','f8']]
    y = df[['y']]
    model = XGBClassifier(n_jobs=-1)
    sfs = SequentialFeatureSelector(model, k_features="best", forward=True, floating=False, scoring="accuracy", cv=2, n_jobs=-1)
    params = {'xgboost__max_depth': [2, 4], 'sfs__k_features': [1, 4]}
    pipe = Pipeline([('sfs', sfs), ('xgboost', model)])
    randomized = RandomizedSearchCV(estimator=pipe, param_distributions=params,n_iter=2,cv=2,random_state=40,scoring='accuracy',refit=True,n_jobs=-1)
    res = randomized.fit(x.values,y.values)

if __name__=='__main__':
    main()

The file input.csv has only 39 rows of data (not including the header):

f1,f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,y
6,148,72,35,0,33.6,0.627,50,1
1,85,66,29,0,26.6,0.351,31,0
8,183,64,0,0,23.3,0.672,32,1
1,89,66,23,94,28.1,0.167,21,0
0,137,40,35,168,43.1,2.288,33,1
5,116,74,0,0,25.6,0.201,30,0
3,78,50,32,88,31.0,0.248,26,1
10,115,0,0,0,35.3,0.134,29,0
2,197,70,45,543,30.5,0.158,53,1
8,125,96,0,0,0.0,0.232,54,1
4,110,92,0,0,37.6,0.191,30,0
10,168,74,0,0,38.0,0.537,34,1
10,139,80,0,0,27.1,1.441,57,0
1,189,60,23,846,30.1,0.398,59,1
5,166,72,19,175,25.8,0.587,51,1
7,100,0,0,0,30.0,0.484,32,1
0,118,84,47,230,45.8,0.551,31,1
7,107,74,0,0,29.6,0.254,31,1
1,103,30,38,83,43.3,0.183,33,0
1,115,70,30,96,34.6,0.529,32,1
3,126,88,41,235,39.3,0.704,27,0
8,99,84,0,0,35.4,0.388,50,0
7,196,90,0,0,39.8,0.451,41,1
9,119,80,35,0,29.0,0.263,29,1
11,143,94,33,146,36.6,0.254,51,1
10,125,70,26,115,31.1,0.205,41,1
7,147,76,0,0,39.4,0.257,43,1
1,97,66,15,140,23.2,0.487,22,0
13,145,82,19,110,22.2,0.245,57,0
5,117,92,0,0,34.1,0.337,38,0
5,109,75,26,0,36.0,0.546,60,0
3,158,76,36,245,31.6,0.851,28,1
3,88,58,11,54,24.8,0.267,22,0
6,92,92,0,0,19.9,0.188,28,0
10,122,78,31,0,27.6,0.512,45,0
4,103,60,33,192,24.0,0.966,33,0
11,138,76,0,0,33.2,0.420,35,0
9,102,76,37,0,32.9,0.665,46,1
2,90,68,42,0,38.2,0.503,27,1

As you can see, the amount of data is too small, and there are small amount of parameters to optimize.

I checked the number of cpus:

lscpu 

and I got:

CPU(s):              12

so 12 threads can be created and run in parallel

I checked this post: RandomSearchCV super slow - troubleshooting performance enhancement

But I already use n_jobs = -1

So why it's run too slow ? (More than 15 minutes !!!)

0 Answers
Related