I am working through some problems on CodeSignal. I came across this one, arrayMaxConsecutiveSum. I got it to pass almost all tests, but it is timing out on the last one. If I move the test into custom tests, it passes there, so I'm not sure what to do. How do I code it better so that it doesn't time out?
Problem:
Given array of integers, find the maximal possible sum of some of its k consecutive elements.
Example:
For inputArray = [2, 3, 5, 1, 6] and k = 2, the output should be arrayMaxConsecutiveSum(inputArray, k) = 8. All possible sums of 2 consecutive elements are:
2 + 3 = 5;
3 + 5 = 8;
5 + 1 = 6;
1 + 6 = 7.
Thus, the answer is 8.
function arrayMaxConsecutiveSum(inputArray, k) {
let max = 0;
for(let i = 0; i < inputArray.length; i++){
let sum = 0;
let newArr = inputArray.slice(i, i + k);
sum = newArr.reduce((accumulator, currentVal) => accumulator + currentVal);
if(sum > max){
max = sum;
}
}
return max;
}
Error: Tests passed: 19/20. Execution time limit exceeded on test 20: Program exceeded the execution time limit. Make sure that it completes execution in a few seconds for any possible input.