Apache Jena: riot does not produce output

Viewed 115

I recently installed Apache Jena 3.17.0, and have been trying to use it to convert nquads files to ntriples.

As per the instructions, here (https://jena.apache.org/documentation/tools/) I first set up my WSL (Ubuntu 20.04) environment

$ export JENA_HOME=apache-jena-3.17.0/
$ export PATH=$PATH:$JENA_HOME/bin

and then attempted to run riot to do the conversion (triail.nq is my nquads file).

$ riot --output=NTRIPLES -v triail.nq

When I ran this, I got no output to the terminal. I'm not sure what is going wrong here, since there is no error message. Does anyone know what could be causing this / what the solution could be?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answers

The command will read the quad (multiple graph) data and output only the default graph. Presumably there is no default graph data in triail.nq.

If "convert" means combine all the quads into a single graph, then remove the graph field on each line of the data file with a text editor.

Otherwise, read into a RDF dataset and copy the named graphs into a single graph and output that.

Related