How can I use Google Vision OCR On-Premise?

Viewed 1067

I need to use Vision API to OCR sensitive documents (passeports/IDs...). But Google Cloud doesn't seem to meet GDPR requirements and I'd prefer hosting the models on our servers.

Vision OCR On-prem exists (https://cloud.google.com/vision/on-prem) but I can't find any other information on how to install or use it. Only the pricing.

Has anyone ever done this before ? Is there any public documentation ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2 Answers

If you don't want to jump through the hoops of working with Google's sales team for the on-prem vision solution, but you don't have an ML background to train/retrain your own model, you might consider Google AutoML. This would allow you to retrain a model with minimal effort - all in their web-based console - and the results would be downloadable and able to run on various platforms such as mobile (TFLITE) or in the browser (TFJS).

Related