I would like to export data from RDS Aurora Mysql to a S3 bucket which is on another AWS account, then access the data from this another AWS account.
I have already managed to upload a file from Aurora Mysql to S3 following these two sets of instructions:
- Saving data from an Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster into text files in an Amazon S3 bucket
- How can I provide cross-account access to objects that are in Amazon S3 buckets?
However from the account on which the S3 bucket is, I can't download the objects. This problem is documented here: Why can't I access an object that was uploaded to my Amazon S3 bucket by another AWS account?
There are possible solutions listed here: When other AWS accounts upload objects to my Amazon S3 bucket, how can I require that they grant me full control of the objects?, but they don't apply to SELECT INTO OUTFILE S3 from Aurora Mysql since I can't add the option --acl bucket-owner-full-control
How could I setup my Aurora Mysql cluster so that the files uploaded to S3 with SELECT INTO OUTFILE S3 on another AWS account could be read from there?