Having trouble deploying to HEROKU with CircleCI. I have already tested deploying git push heroku master to heroku manually, which is working. However when I use CircleCI, deployment no longer works.
Github repo url: https://github.com/dulerong/vue-test-circleci
I have set HEROKU environment variables in CircleCI project setting.
HEROKU_API_KEY=my_key
HEROKU_APP_NAME=my_app_name
Error message follows.
#!/bin/bash -eo pipefail
if false;then
force="-f"
fi
heroku_url="https://heroku:$HEROKU_API_KEY@git.heroku.com/$HEROKU_APP_NAME.git"
if [ -n "$CIRCLE_BRANCH" ]; then
git push $force $heroku_url $CIRCLE_BRANCH:main
elif [ -n "$CIRCLE_TAG" ]; then
git push $force $heroku_url $CIRCLE_TAG^{}:main
else
echo "No branch or tag found."
exit 1
fi
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Exited with code exit status 128
CircleCI received exit code 128
Below is my circleCI config.yml
version: 2.1
orbs:
heroku: circleci/heroku@1.2.5
jobs:
build-job:
working_directory: ~/repo
docker:
- image: circleci/node:12.18.2
steps:
- checkout
- run:
name: Install dependencies
command: npm install
- run:
name: Build
command: npm run build
- save_cache:
key: dependency-cache-{{ checksum "package-lock.json" }}
paths:
- ./node_modules
- run:
name: lint
command: npm run lint
- run:
name: test
command: npm run test:unit
deploy-job:
working_directory: ~/repo
docker:
- image: circleci/node:12.18.2
steps:
- attach_workspace:
at: ~/repo
- heroku/deploy-via-git
workflows:
version: 2.1
deploy:
jobs:
- build-job
- deploy-job:
requires:
- build-job
filters:
branches:
only: master
- I have linked CircleCI to my Github repo
- I have created
.circleci folder config.yml - I have created an app on heroku, which works when I deploy manually
- The build part of my CircleCI works, however deployment does not work
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.