unable to install docker in my conda environment

Viewed 2672

I have been trying to install docker in a conda environment on a slurm server

I first tried

conda install -c conda-forge docker

but I got

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:
  • docker

Then I tried

pip install docker

which seems to install it successfully but when i try to run docker I get

command not found

in another post someone who had a similar problem resolved it with

sudo pip install docker

but this is not an option for me cause this is a server and I do not have administrative privileges

I am using miniconda and my conda version is 4.9.2

any help will be greatly appreciated

1 Answers

Docker cannot be installed with Conda or from PyPI - only Python APIs are available (docker-py on Conda Forge; docker on PyPI). Docker itself requires elevated privileges to install.

FWIW, none of the HPC systems I've worked on allow Docker, but do provide Singularity instead.

Related