unable to install latest version of rlang rstudio

Viewed 1144

Im trying to install the latest (or at least version 0.4.3 required for another package) of rlang but can only install v 3.5.

I have tried to close down Rstudio/restart session, remove and re-install using:

install.packages("rlang")
install.packages("rlang", type="source")
devtools::install_github("rlang")
remotes::install_github("r-lib/rlang")
install.packages("rlang_0.4.9.tar.gz", repo=NULL, type="source")

the error messages i get is

Error: Failed to install 'rlang' from GitHub: (converted from warning) installation of package ‘C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpARJArh
/file46b06f822b7a/rlang_0.4.10.9000.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

I have also tried to remove dplyr (the package i want to use that depends on rlang v.0.4.3) and reinstalling but it still gives me the error message:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]): namespace ‘rlang’ 0.3.4 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.3 is required

There seems to be a common problem with installing rlang, bu havnt been able to find a solution on any forum except those that I have tried.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Answers
Related